...bringing SEXY blogs back.

...bringing SEXY blogs back.




2/03/2010

THROWBACK VIDEO(s) OF THE MONTH: Spread My Wings -- Troop


Troop was one of many five-man groups fashioned after New Edition.  What made Troop stand out was:  1. Their unique hairstyles, and 2.  This joint right here.  In a lot of educated circles, Spread My Wings is considered one of the anthems of the New Jack Swing era of the 90's.  Troop's biggest selling single brought them international success and is one of my favorites of ALL time.  The video is sick, the choreo is off the chain.  Where are they now?  I don't know about the rest of them, but Steve Russell, the lead singer on Spread My Wings is in L.A.  He is currently writing songs with Nasri.

Troop's Jackson 5 cover (the only J5 cover that is better than the original) "All I Do Is Think of You" after the jump.





2 comments:

Chris said...

Thanks for this, man! Taking me back to when times were good. Our first trip to Washington D.C. during the birth of the New Jack Movement. Those were the best of days!

Curtis said...

I know, can you actually believe that we were there for it??? That trip totally formed who I am today in terms of this music.