...bringing SEXY blogs back.

...bringing SEXY blogs back.




1/31/2010

Sickest Cover This Year: Hype-or-Drive?


Drake covers writing, friendship, R&B and Hip Hop in the latest issue of Complex. Among some of the more interesting things he had to say however, is the fact that it is much easier for him to pen R&B than it is to come up with his signature Hip Hop element.

“The way Jay and Wayne write rap, I write R&B. I don’t write lyrics down on paper,” Drake tells Complex. “The other day, I was in the studio with Alicia Keys, and I wrote two songs just speaking to her. I wish I could write that way for rap. With my rap songs, there’s so much of me I have to give that I don’t know if I could ever just flow. The thing is, I’m a great rapper. There’s two elements to rap: having the thoughts, and then being a great rapper. I can really rap the sh** that I write. My tone, my inflection. When I listen to myself on records, I don’t feel like I don’t belong there. When I listen to “Forever,” with three of my heroes, I fit right in.”

For more on Drake’s Complex interview visit Complex.com.

-sniped from Singersroom.com.

P.S.:  If anyone sees this mag anywhere, cop it for me.  Tonks.

No comments: